With the Halfa fast approaching, its time to start working on those cool new costumes. But where do you start? Like with all great clothing — with a good foundation! This class is open to ALL levels and anyone who helps you sew! So if your Mom, Auntie, best friend, sister or brother help you put together your dance costumes, this class would be great for them, too!
BRA and BELT WORKSHOP
Monday, January 31-February 21 6-7pm
Cost: $40 for all four weeks $15 drop in for one class
For the class you will need these materials:
1. A sturdy, good fitting, foam bra or two with underwires.
2. 1/2-3/4 yard of cover fabric, sparkly or sequined is best. For the Cohli style bra, 3 yards of 1/2-3/4″ matching grograin ribbon (call me for fabric suggestions)
3. Old pair of jeans
4. Pins, scissors, matching thread to cover fabric, basic sewing materials.
5. Assorted decorative materials: sequins, old necklaces and earrings, trim, etc.
6. For Tribal Triangle Belt: 1/2 yrd of heavy broadcloth, yarn in as many colors as you want your tassels, embroidery floss. (more details of decoration options to be discussed in class)
Jan. 31–Making a good fitting dance bra with full sides
Feb. 7–Making a choli style bra for ATS and Urban Tribal.
Feb. 14–The basic “hard” belt
Feb. 21–Tribal Triangle Tie on Belt for ATS and Urban Tribal
Contact Janna at: 757-871-7594 or register here on the website. Registration is limited due to the hands on nature of this class so register early to insure a spot in classes. Janna’s comprehensive “Belly Dance Costumes 101” booklet will be available for purchase as well and covers most all other aspect of dance costuming including skirts, harem pants, and cover ups.